About Me

Cleveland, OHIO
i am about to start my last last year of engineering courses for my Civil Engineering degree. i live on the EAST side - strongside - go to school downtown at Cleveland State and work in a restaurant in Ohio City. This will be a way for me to express my experiences in this great city, everything from food, engineering, architecture, and dogs will be included. and hopefully much more.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Springtime

I just spent the last four days working while also frantically emailing companies in the CLEVELAND area. Trying to find extra work in the summer months is how I spend most rainy days. Of course today is beautiful and sunny but instead I'm spending time studying for an exam tomorrow and hoping to get a call back from a few construction companies with projects around the city.

This weather is exhausting and while CLEVELAND is a great city it's also very frustrating. Jobs seem to be slim right now in the area which in part is likely due to a more conservative economy due to the recent slump. Hopefully this is remedied by the numerous projects in the downtown FLATs. Another project I just read about is being financed by the CLEVELAND Browns ownership group. It's a plan to build additional fields and practice facilities and additionally a larger office building. The planned construction will be on three sides of the current browns stadium and will add much needed attraction to a coast that is rarely used in CLEVELAND.

This April has been extremely rainy so rainy that we are approaching setting a record for rainfall which means I am fairly close to setting a record for dog baths currently my husky is outside running circles in the mud because it's sunny and I don't blame here but I'm inside studying bummer.

One exciting note I just submitted my passport and will be attending a trip with EWB Engineers Without Borders to August Pine Ridge Belize to help construct a school building.

No comments:

Post a Comment